Virtual Race Info
The Virtual event will be timed using the RaceJoy app. Even if you aren't planning to competitively run the race, this app will enhance your race experience by mapping the distance you have traveled (so you know when the race is over!), giving you customized race information as you progress, allowing friends and family to cheer you on, and more. Please visit racejoy.net/participants to learn more and download the RaceJoy app on your smartphone before you complete your race. You will need your bib number, which you can find by searching your name at the bib link below.
- Open the app, search for “Run 4 Water MKE”, and click on the race when you see it in the search results.
- Click “I Want to Be Tracked” under Participants then create your RaceJoy profile.
- Select “5K Anywhere” as your course and enter your race bib number.
- Confirm that the device you are setting up the app on is the device you will use to track your race and allow the device to access your location so that it can track you (if you don’t like apps tracking you then feel free to delete the app when the race is over).
- In the “Tracking Setup” screen be sure to enable “Progress Alerts” so you’ll hear announcements from us as the race progresses. Clicking on “Audio Setup” gives you more options which are all set to on by default and we recommend leaving them on.
- Verify that the tracking feature is working by seeing if the GPS on your phone correctly places you on the map.
- “Create a Race Fan Club” gives you options to inform friends and family that you’ll be doing the race so they can cheer you on or send encouragement. This is not mandatory and can be skipped by clicking “Next”.
- Read through the tips given by the app paying special attention to the need to click the “Track Me” button on race day to turn the tracking on.
- When you are ready to complete your race click “Track Me” and then “Start My Race” and enjoy the event! Note: these options will only show up in the app between 4/16 at 6 AM and 4/24 at 10:30 AM.
We’d love to see your virtual race photos! Feel free to tag us on Facebook or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions please reach out to us via email at email@example.com. We hope you have a great experience with the event!!